Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Getting close to my build!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well the swap is many months away or even a year. i still drive the focus on a regular basis. untill i get a truck. then ill be ripping it apart. and i was told by the mev builder in texas that they use the stock tranny and SVT 6 speed trannys all the time. thats one of the main reasons i went with a sonic. that way it would be an easy swap. why wouldn't the factory tranny work? and the first thing the site says about doner parts is "donor parts needed, item 1. 2.0 liter DOHC Zetec engine and 5 speed manual transmission" and many other parts of course. (check out the link in my original post for the donor parts listed. it claims a factory focus tranny) not sure why you think this tranny wont work? they helped me find the car. so that would piss me off a bit if they didnt fill me in on that correctly. i bought this car for its engine and 6 speed tranny.

and yes i will be taking it apart for the swap of course but as you can see in the pictures i wont need to remove the tranny for the the engine swap. so might as well replace the clutch now and get it over with. my main question was, What type of clutch should i replace the current one with. will a simple factory clutch do the job? or should i do a step up?

And i guess i now have a new question. Is this a regular focus transmission? if not i have a call to make to the mev dealer.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC