Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #1638
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got my wife's car back from dealer today.

Good news: It's like driving a new car. NO shuddering while creeping forward at stop lights or in traffic, smooth shifts and take offs from a stop. Granted, it's only been one day, but what a difference.

As I posted a few pages ago, they said a seal was broken leaking trans fluid. They replaced the seals and clutch. Here's the exact wording from invoice:
Test drove verified customer concern, EEC tested KOEO pass KOER pass, monitored pids while driving found clutch to slip, inspected found trans fluid leak, checked oasis for TSB and SSM found TSB 11-12-13 to apply, inspected fluid found fluid slick, R-I trans as per shop manual, R-R both inner input shaft seals as per TSB and shop manual, R-R clutch as per shop manual, R-R both axle seals as per shop manual, reinstalled trans, filled trans fluid to proper level as per shop manual, reassembled vehicle, performed trans adaptive learning as per shop manual, performed trans drive cycle, after repair, test drove.

I hope this tech knew what he was doing.

Bad news: Dealer had car for four days and did not do anything about clunking front driver side strut. When I asked service advisor why, he said, "Well, I just got back from vacation, let me see . . . ." Then proceeded to say that they thought the clunking sound I mentioned was from the trans and shifting. I pointed out my note when I scheduled the appt. online specifically said it was coming from the strut. He again said he was on vacation and couldn't give me anymore info. So, I will need to bring it back soon.

I would suggest anyone having shuddering and/or rough shifting issues to have seals and clutch checked.