suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
This was one of the first things I noticed when I picked up my "new" used Focus a couple of weeks ago (I never noticed it on the test drive though). I would be sitting at the lights with my foot on the brake and the car would be vibrating during idle.

I took my car in to a Ford dealership this past Wednesday and told them about it and they fixed it. The previous owner of the car would have received (so I'm told) notification for 2 recalls, one being the sync and the second being reprogramming the PCM, TCM and ABS module. This second recall is what fixed the shaking car during idle and it in fact did fix mine, recall 12B37B for your reference. It may fix your issue, it may not but it's worth a shot.

[IMG][/IMG]
12B37 focused more on the traction control/abs/ powertrain and transmission control modules and strategies. It however did not fix the vibration at idle as it can and will fade in and out of the cabin depending on fuel quality, or just the general mood of the engine it seems. Direct injected engines are also running at higher compression closer to that of a diesel and this might magnify the four cylinder shake at idle. Sometimes its smooth, other times less so. Although my car was built in a date range beyond the effect of 12B37.