Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #130
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
That's exactly the problem. The regional customer service managers are saying the same basic thing, that "It's meant to work like this". It's malarkey.

I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. I was supposed to have my conference call with a "subject matter expert" in the engineering department on the matter and, what do you know, he couldn't make the meeting. I ended up talking to a different regional service manager that said, "He told me it's supposed to be like that". I'm super surprised.

Either way, I told her that a TSB actually existed to even fix this issue and then she said, "Oh...well would you like me to schedule an appointment to get that performed?". It's as if they don't really care to research an issue and just spout that line because it appeases most people...but then when caught in the lie they do as little as possible to make the customer happy. Even worse? The dealership told me the other day that they plugged in the computer and didn't get an error code, so didn't do anything more. I asked why they didn't physically check out any of the parts I said were potentially problematic and the service manager *literally* said, verbatim, "We did what was required of us".

I suggested they do more than what was required of them if they ever wanted their customers to be satisfied with their work, and took my car home. If all you do is what's required of you, you're not doing enough. He should be ashamed of himself for even saying that.

Sounds to me that either the promise to have you talk to an engineer was a lie or they decided it was a bad idea to have a customer, with access and awareness of social media, talk to an engineer on the chance that said engineer reveal something they'd prefer remained in house.

Very disappointing.

I'm not one to run to a lawyer for the least little thing, but it's looking to me that this issue is probably going to require dragging Ford through the public spectacle of a trial.

Sad...

Brian