Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #1636
.Leda
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103845
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 .Leda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
At stop signs/lights, do you come to a complete stop? When you accelerate, do you mash on the gas, or do you do a slower acceleration? I found with mine (As mentioned in another reply) that they do shutter on startup even after the fixes, but I got my car to pretty much stop the stalling/vibration you're describing by adjusting how I accelerate.
Yes I come to a complete stop. The shudder happens when starting from 1st to 2nd. I don't mash on the gas usually and if I press ever so slow I can't notice the shudder.

I've had my car almost 4 months and it just started doing this last week. It's a used car with 27000 miles on it. I've driven it on long trips and had no problems in the first 3 months i had the car and I drive the car the same way I have when I first drove it.

It drove and acted fine until last week. Now I'm even embarrassed to drive it because of the shake problem. Also I noticed decreased gas mileage. There are not noises with it either and it started doing this before the update and still continues after the update I had last Friday.

wishlist: tinted windows, polished silver wheels

Last edited by .Leda; 10-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.