Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #128
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantos View Post
Even if they messed up; who really cares? It's not an issue to have a company mess up as long as they fix their problems (holds true for people as well). Recalls are good things. Expecting absolutely no problems for something as complex as a completely new machine (car, computer, whatever) is not something I'm personally prepared to do. I'm hoping for it, but I won't blame a company for having issues. Where I can blame a company is if they don't fix their issue, or worse, if they deny there's a problem. In my book, that's the worst thing a company can do.

I personally can't relate to the issues you guys are having with the transmission because a bought a manual (hehehe), but a good example is a power supply I had bought for my computer a while back. It broke. I got good support from the company, and because of this I won't scratch the company from my book when the time comes to buy another one.

The fact that dealers have been telling people that this is expected behavior is unacceptable. However, the fact that customer support from Ford is on this forum is a good thing. That said, pardon me, but I'll remain skeptical to see much changes even if customer support sends this higher in the chain.
That's exactly the problem. The regional customer service managers are saying the same basic thing, that "It's meant to work like this". It's malarkey.

I just got off the phone with Ford customer service. I was supposed to have my conference call with a "subject matter expert" in the engineering department on the matter and, what do you know, he couldn't make the meeting. I ended up talking to a different regional service manager that said, "He told me it's supposed to be like that". I'm super surprised.

Either way, I told her that a TSB actually existed to even fix this issue and then she said, "Oh...well would you like me to schedule an appointment to get that performed?". It's as if they don't really care to research an issue and just spout that line because it appeases most people...but then when caught in the lie they do as little as possible to make the customer happy. Even worse? The dealership told me the other day that they plugged in the computer and didn't get an error code, so didn't do anything more. I asked why they didn't physically check out any of the parts I said were potentially problematic and the service manager *literally* said, verbatim, "We did what was required of us".

I suggested they do more than what was required of them if they ever wanted their customers to be satisfied with their work, and took my car home. If all you do is what's required of you, you're not doing enough. He should be ashamed of himself for even saying that.