Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Getting close to my build!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Getting close to my build!

so as some of you know, i bought my focus to tear it apart and turn it into my display picture. if you want more info on that check out this page. they have track slips showing that the regular focus engine will do 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. and i have a SVT with a supercharger. might go turbo after a while, I'll see how happy i am with it as is after the build. I'm hoping for a 0-60 in the low 3 sec range. still need a tune from tom. coming soon.

but before i gut the focus and build the new circuit car i'm trying to get my little problems fixed now. And I'm down to one last issue. my clutch. when i really get on it and try to make the car go sometimes, it will. sometime, the clutch will slip my foot will be all the way off the clutch and all the way on the gas and the car will just max out to 7,000 RPM. and the car will barley be moving. (i know how to drive stick, had a manual turbo'd scion i use to race and a manual WRX imprezza) i have had the car for 2 months-ish now. and i believe the clutch is bad. or to small for the JRSC? (i don't think so though)

should i replace the clutch with a stage 1 or 2? or OEM? its got a JRSC and i will be racing it at tracks from time to time. the car Does not have the BBK kit so i think it only has 5lbs of boost? which leads me to think the car is just needing a new clutch. when i get it tuned by tom with the BBK kit ill be pushing 10lbs of hot ass air so im guessing in Colorado on nice Super cold days the most HP ill see is 220ish. will a stock clutch hold that? that's only an extra 50HP. but i will be driving it hard at the track. but not around town of course. and not sure if weight makes a diffrence but the car i'm putting the engine and tranny in only weighs 1,200 pounds finished.

So I'm pretty sure it needs a new clutch. so i guess my question is what should i replace it with?

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC