313 Matt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102253
What I Drive: 2010 Dodge Charger SXT

FF Reputation: 1 313 Matt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Or, since you're all such geniuses, you could just take a minute out of your day to explain a dyno sheet to this user instead of wasting time being s.
Just a thought.

Horsepower and Torque are units the industry uses to measure the total power output of an engine. You see it all the time in marketing.
The dyno sheet shown above is a type of graph that shows us how much power the car is making at various engine speeds (RPM)
What it boils down to is:
-Horsepower equals how fast you can go
-Torque is how fast you'll get there.
In ANY case, a big flat torque curve is preferred because it means the vehicle's acceleration will more or less be constant across the powerband.
Some designs like Honda's V-Tec or even Ford's Duratec lump all of the torque at the top of the powerband so you don't get the full power of the vehicle until you're revving the nuts off at 5k RPM.
As you can see on the ST's dyno sheet, the maximum torque is achieved at the lowest RPM and stays relatively flat through the entire RPM range. This ensures that you will have engine response at all RPM.
Thank you kind sir.

I've never had a performance car of any kind, so I've always ignored dyno sheets. I don't understand how to read one. Also never tuned a car before.

I was more interested in what difference there was between the stock and tuned version.