Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus ST or Dart RT or VW GTI??
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #80
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
Yes, this is all true...there are many more choices in Europe from a powertrain and tire/wheel and suspension combination point of view. However, what your list does not show is the relative price difference between US and European variants.

For example...a 2012 Focus SE US vs. 2012 Focus SE German. I do not have the number but when I was on a conferance call with a German Engineer when I was considering buying one we discussed prices. He told me that the price in the US is significantly lower (he called them a bargain) than Germany and then we pay fewer taxes on the purchase (on the order of $35k to $40k for our $25k to $28k loaded vehicles).

While we may not have as many choices it is clear that the decision was made to keep the costs lower. That is something I can appreciate every month when I pay my car payment!
Yea the market in Europe is also much different.

Taxes are one thing, but people there are more willing to spend that kind of money on a small car cause to them bigger is definitely not better which is also why cars like the Mondeo and Focus always come better equipped and have more options to chose from.

Americans...yea. We are different in how we buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
The EU market PS DCT is a wet clutch version, quite different than ours. This has been discussed at naseum.
You should stop smacking your head so much, it might be affecting your ability to think.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!