Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #126
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
I'm sure not defending Ford, just saying the update was not a disaster for all. Ford has screwed this up in a way I didn't think possible for a major companyin the 21st century. The Focus was my 5th new Ford and, in all likelihood, my last. Problems with a new model are understandable, but their persistency, the avoidance and denial, unprepared dealer network, remedies that aren't after working on the issue for almost 2 years, et al are not.

Anyone looking at a new Escape, CMax or Fusion? You are indeed a brave person.
I think they are feeling the growing pains of high-tech and they're not alone. Look at all the massive recalls all the major car companies in the last few years and it's kind of incredible.

The point above about the social media thing. That is huge. Expensive products like this can't be half-assed anymore or people will organize.

In my further experimenting with the traction control, I can't really see any difference. I need to drive around with it on for a bit and pay more attention.

It might be that just turning it on and off fixes shudders. Who knows.