Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
BBB can't make Ford buy it back. That's not gonna happen. All BBB does is take and file complaints. When they send a letter to the other party and that party responds, that's pretty much it. When someone calls BBB to check on a business' history and that history shows responses to complaints, all BBB can do is tell that person said business is ok. If the business doesn't respond to BBB investigations that's when that business gets the negative reviews.
You say this with some certainty. However you would not be correct in this case. The BBB arbitration is binding arbitration and that means indeed the manufacture must abide by their decision. The reason why is they lobbied to have the law written to make the BBB a prerequisite to filing an actual lawsuit in the state of Kansas (and other states as well). The reason why is it adds a layer that a consumer must get past before they file against them. This is time consuming and many people give up and just go away. The manufacturer MUST abide by any decision the BBB imposes.

If you need you can look up BBB Kansas lemon law on Google. I also have an attorney, so I am 100% certain this WILL happen.