Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #125
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
That very well may be, but it also did the opposite for a *lot* of people. It's the reason multiple consumer reporting websites and magazines are blasting Ford for their update process. My car was operating wonderfully before the update. I bought the car *because* it was operating the way that I liked it. Then Ford forced me to get an update under penalty of losing my warranty coverage...and now it drives like a completely different car, in the worst way possible.

This is the kind of thing that lawsuits are born from.
I'm sure not defending Ford, just saying the update was not a disaster for all. Ford has screwed this up in a way I didn't think possible for a major companyin the 21st century. The Focus was my 5th new Ford and, in all likelihood, my last. Problems with a new model are understandable, but their persistency, the avoidance and denial, unprepared dealer network, remedies that aren't after working on the issue for almost 2 years, et al are not.

Anyone looking at a new Escape, CMax or Fusion? You are indeed a brave person.