Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #123
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
That's precisely the problem -- Ford says "This is the way the car is meant to operate" and leaves it at that. They don't listen to reason or logic beyond and including that statement, so getting them to change it will be downright impossible unless they realize it themselves.

I have a conference call today with one of the "Corporate Engineers" (read: not really an engineer at all) to discuss my issues with the transmission. Having driven more than 15 concentric dry dual-clutch systems across various platforms I feel I have a fairly strong understanding of how this transmission *should* operate. We'll see if I'm able to make my case, or if I get the same old "We know what we're doing" speech.

If I do, the options are either that they buy it back or I bring up a lawsuit. I'm done messing with this car after they drastically changed the operation of it without my approval. I didn't buy a $30k that drives like this, and I'm not going to be expected to keep it for 10 years in this condition.

The whole ... that's the way it's supposed to operate thing is just a legal statement designed to delay or deny service for a problem they know they have. I wouldn't be as unhappy if it was just a delay as I understand they need to get a handle on the range and scope of issues they're dealing with, but if they dig there heals in to deny service then they will open themselves up for a class action lawsuit. I hope it doesn't go there...

The thing is, the world has changed and this forum is an example of the social media that has changed it. In the past a company could say, with a straight face, you're the only one with that problem, but now a days, we can all see other on FocusFanatics with this problem and know that the company is not telling us the truth. If it comes to a class action suit, and again I hope Ford smartens up to avoid that, then this site and other no doubt will serve as a recruiting ground for the suit AND provide proof, through the correspondence with them that's been documented here, that they have been aware of the problem.

Again, I do not have the problem and hope I never do but I have no doubt that other are and that it is not as it should be...

Brian