Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #37
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Except that you're incorrect. Don't try to justify your point with a logical fallacy. By your reasoning, the M3 is only a $40k car, since it's basically a 328i with more features (if an entirely different suspension is a feature, then an engine would also be considered a feature). In doing so you're building a strawman.

Your car and mine are completely different automobiles. Vastly superior suspension, vastly superior handling capabilities, better looking exterior because of the tires/wheels, heated leather seats, full leather interior, entertainment system that allows more connections and includes more capabilities, full-size spare, full dual-zone climate control, IA key technology with push button start, and more.

Yes, all of those are simply features that were added on to a basic car...but that's exactly what makes my car far better than yours. Just because you bought the absolute base-model car doesn't mean all of the others in the line perform *ANYTHING* like yours.

People get into my car and would never know it were a focus if I didn't say anything. People get in my car and believe that it's worth $30k. A friend of mine has a base-model 2012 and people get into his car and *immediately* know it's a Focus. You can't compare the two.

Oh, and issues aside, there really isn't a better $30k car on the market. The only thing in that range that could be a contender is the Subaru WRX, which is marginally better but reeks of poor quality (close a door and listen for the hollow sound). Nothing else really compares, and every major review site and magazine would agree. You don't honestly think they're all incorrect, do you?
I have the SE hatch with sport package and mag wheels and sunroof too. So my model isn't the absolute base.

If you want to see how much your '$30k' car is worth ... try to sell it or trade it in. Our cars are the same car no matter how much you try to deny it.

Electronic options and leather don't equate to $13.5k.

If you think there's no better car for 30k ... clearly you haven't shopped around.

REV

Posted via FF Mobile