Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - When will Ford fix the Sync? Sync hates Android!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude696 View Post
I have had the problem but if I shut the car off and open the door it will then work great until a couple days later than it will do this again

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile
Hey, motodude696 -

You should try Reverse Pairing as well! (See the links above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
I have the Galaxy Nexus i9250 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed. No issues reported in terms of use, the occasional connection issue is seen, but quickly fixed by re-establishing the connection using MFT. What is listed in supported devices is the Galaxy Nexus SCHI515, IFK89B. Obviously I am using a phone that is not supported, but as I said before no issues using the phone through MFT.
Your issue may be two parts.
1. Are you using the Android OS that came with your phone or did you root it and installed your own? Installing your own OS does not provide the same usability as the stock version
2. Factory Reset - Resetting your phone to a factory reset fixes a lot of issues. I work for a company that provides an app for Android devices and when someone calls in with a weird issue on the app, a factory reset fixes the issue right away. (so far for this app in particular).
Bluetooth is also partly to blame for this as well. I support a bunch of mobile devices from Apple, Android and even Windows Mobile, the connection issue is seen through all devices, sometimes it connects right away, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it just does not connect and you have to reestablish the connection.
Great questions and info, gsxrboy, thanks!

On a side note, do you own a GSXR? Just wondering, I <3 to ride!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford