Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #117
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantos View Post
Wow, very interesting read. Happy that you guys seem to have found the issue, but it's sad that the "fix" is such a constant inconvenience (turning it off every time). To me, this really sounds like this needs to be looked into by Ford. So many people with similar results can hardly be random.

The fact that one feature of the car severely hinders another is not acceptable and could even be considered dangerous. The choice between having transmission issues and having no traction control is not a choice one wants to make with a car that is supposed to have both working.

I'm curious to see what the corporate engineer has to say about this...
That's precisely the problem -- Ford says "This is the way the car is meant to operate" and leaves it at that. They don't listen to reason or logic beyond and including that statement, so getting them to change it will be downright impossible unless they realize it themselves.

I have a conference call today with one of the "Corporate Engineers" (read: not really an engineer at all) to discuss my issues with the transmission. Having driven more than 15 concentric dry dual-clutch systems across various platforms I feel I have a fairly strong understanding of how this transmission *should* operate. We'll see if I'm able to make my case, or if I get the same old "We know what we're doing" speech.

If I do, the options are either that they buy it back or I bring up a lawsuit. I'm done messing with this car after they drastically changed the operation of it without my approval. I didn't buy a $30k that drives like this, and I'm not going to be expected to keep it for 10 years in this condition.