Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #109
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I haven't had any real issues in my 2 weeks of ownership until yesterday, I was stopped and a hill and when I hit the gas the engine revved up but I rolled backwards, car seems to have been stuck in neutral?

I hit the brake to stop the rollback and then when I gassed it again it functioned fine... We will see if it happens again or not. I haven't been driving it much in full auto so maybe thats why I haven't noticed the problem before.
I had a similar problem: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298670
In a nutshell, pulled off from a stop, car shifting automatically through the gears. It got to about 40mph and suddenly went into neutral. The only way to correct it was to turn the car off and back on again.

I took it to the dealer. They kept it for 4 days and put on about 100miles test driving it.....and could not replicate the issue. So now I have it back with no resolution.

So here I am driving a "ticking time bomb" on busy freeways..