Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus ST or Dart RT or VW GTI??
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Really?

Jesus.

The Si has the fit and finish? LOL WHAT THE ?

The Veloster still beats the Si in interior fit and finish, trim, and build quality.

Why am I surprised, people on the internet thinking they are so knowledgeable. Go drive one and you'll see how bad it makes the Civic look, and it may just be a Accent with a body kit as you say, which is also a sad statement, but its a pretty good car.

And apart from not receiving the suspenion upgrades along with the turbo, the Veloster still managed to hang in with the actual hot hatches. Yea it will suffer in outright handling because its not as beefed up, but its 0-60 and top end aren't lacking and nor is the fact that the forced induction motors are a hell of a lot more exploitable then any NA motor can dream to be.

And if you want to know how the cars actually are, the Si is hardly a player in the segment anymore. Its gotten fatter over the years, it currently sits at 2900 pounds - 3000 pounds depending on coupe or sedan, its lightness bonus has gone out the window when everyone else especially the WRX, ST, MS3 and now MK7 GTI come back with more firepower. For reference, the Veloster Turbo only weighs 2800 with the manual and I believe only 2900 with the auto. The regular Veloster embarrasses every car in the class in terms of weight too.

And it may just be an Accent with a body kit, your words again, yet its interior cargo space and dimensions only pale the Elantra GT by upwards of a few inches in most areas, so its hardly a small car inside. It is in the same segment as our cars and its actually one of the better ones.

Unless you are a badge whore or something, I can see how that would mess with your view that Hyundai sucks, Honda makes the second coming of Jesus, and VWs always break down.

Oi vey!
I can certainly tell by the way you post numbers and stats in a lot of your threads, that you're young and relatively inexperienced in cars in general (that's ok, we were all young once). Stats and numbers from car magazines are one thing, but, its the overall package and how it drives that tells the real story. I've owned and driven more cars in my time than I care to recall, from many, many manufacturers, including Hyundai (a newer Elantra years ago that I actually liked and I worked for VW Corporate for many years before taking a position with the military), so, you can take back the "badge whore" comment (and really, would a "badge whore" even drive a "Blue Oval"...). Before I bought my Focus last year, I actually waited to try out a Veloster (even though the looks were a bit out there), and couldn't believe how poorly built it was (tiny sounding doors, LOTS of road noise, cheap looking interior, etc. even the leather inserts look shoddy). And I never said it was an Accent with a body kit, it IS an Accent (drivetrain, suspension, brakes, etc. are ALL from the Accent). Even the Fiesta is a much better car than the Accent, so, how in the world you could ever put in a comparison with a Focus ST, GTI, WRX or yes, even an Si, is beyond me... but, you carry on with that delusion. A salesman who works at a local Hyundai dealer put it best recently, he said, "the Veloster is this generations Pontiac Aztec".... I couldn't agree more...
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)