It wasent too bad doing the valve cover, takes about 10 minutes to pop it off. I re-used the rubber gasket that was on it. Degreased it, sanded it down. Then laid down a coat of hi heat aluminum engine paint for a base then sprayed on the metalcast blue. Let it dry(drys pretty quick) put the gasked and fasteners back on and slapped it back together.
On the wheels I used a rustoleum textured black you can get off the shelf from the paint department at wal-mart. Used it on a gun stock that i refinished, and it came out great so i decided to use it on the wheels. Its holding up great so far, no scratches chips or pealing yet!