Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
How tall are you? I'm 5'9". I only ask because my mirror has good range of motion, and my seating position would have to be very far from what it is now for me to lose the ability to adjust to see the entire rear window. The post that the mirror is mounted on is adjusted basically in a fully "down" position, to position the mirror away from my headliner console. Would adjusting the post that mounts the mirror to the windshield help you here?

EDIT: Ah, I think I understand now. The reason you can't see the entire rear window in the mirror is because you're seated so far away from it.... What are you, sitting in the back seat?!
Haha, no. I'm 5'11 and I have the seat raised up a bit, and sit rather close. If I sat lower I may have better range of adjustment, but it's just one of those things.

Edit: I could see out the full window previously, but when I did, I was looking at roughly 10' of road directly behind the car with no appreciable distance. In other words, I could maybe see the hood and headlights of a car directly behind me and not much else. I had to tilt it up higher, losing some of the viewing area, to see what I was used to seeing in all the other cars I've driven. Flipping the day/night toggle around helped, but now I tilt down towards the rear seats instead of up towards the headliner, which is what I prefer.