Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
Tbone: I tried flipping the mirror's dimmer toggle and it helped, but IMO isn't a solution as much as a bandage. Low idle hasn't happened since that one day, so I'm putting that on the back burner until it's time for an oil change. Synthetic will go in for sure.
How tall are you? I'm 5'9". I only ask because my mirror has good range of motion, and my seating position would have to be very far from what it is now for me to lose the ability to adjust to see the entire rear window. The post that the mirror is mounted on is adjusted basically in a fully "down" position, to position the mirror away from my headliner console. Would adjusting the post that mounts the mirror to the windshield help you here?

EDIT: Ah, I think I understand now. The reason you can't see the entire rear window in the mirror is because you're seated so far away from it.... What are you, sitting in the back seat?!
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.