Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #96
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Your linked post is very informative and makes sense. I have a later build date (5/7/12) and do not have any DCT problems and turning off TCS did nothing for me, but those that have an earlier build date are much more likely to have bad seals and if the oil gets on the clutch pack all bets are off as far as drive-ability. TCS may induce or worsen the shudder problem on a car with contaminated clutch packs by adding another variable in the control loop that isn't "tuned" to handle the unexpected torque/speed response between the input and output of the transmission.

What I'd like to see is a few more of you with the problem bring your car in to have the seals and clutch packs checked and if a significant percentage of you with the shudder issue wind up having contaminated clutch packs that would put to bed the issue and put the onus on Ford to make good on this to ALL there customers with the problem.

It may well be the case that just about all these issues can be traced to bad seals and contaminated clutch packs.

Brian
I have a 6 May 11 build date and all the required DCT updates and everything is smooth as silk but then it always was since i got the car... im just lucky, i guess and i feel for those of u w/ all these problems that should have been addressed before the car went on the market.