Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #94
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,841, Level 32
Points: 2,841, Level: 32 Points: 2,841, Level: 32 Points: 2,841, Level: 32
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Great write up ...this means there is hope for a fix. So just because no leak can be seen from the outside of the bellhousing doesn't mean an internal leak hasn't contaminated the clutches causing damage and all the shuddering issues. So we should have our clutch packs pulled and inspected and not just the outer bellhousing inspected. Wonder how hard it will be to convince the service dept to do this? Your post helps and I'm sure will be used by many to get this looked at.
This.

I have the clutch chattering but no leaking on the outside (I checked myself). Because there's no leak, the service department never checked my clutches. I'm taking it in on Monday for a test drive, this time with their transmission technician now that I can consistently duplicate the chattering.