Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SCT Tunes New ST - 253whp, 323wtq @2400 RPM
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

Points 4,133, Level 40
Points: 4,133, Level: 40 Points: 4,133, Level: 40 Points: 4,133, Level: 40
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
I'll get flamed for this, but I think some people are losing sight of the point, here. SCT managed to unlock and reflash the ECU of an already fun-to-drive car to squeeze more horsepower and torque out of it. Sure, you can buy a 10 year old car and build it up to be faster than the ST and spend less money. Can't the same be said for just about any car? Why buy a new Evo when you can buy an Evo VIII and put $10k into the motor? Who needs a new Corvette when you can buy an early C5 and twin turbocharge it?

Ford has put out a compact performance-oriented car with a polished finish and a price tag that makes it affordable for a lot of people, including first-time new car buyers. Did they ever say it was the fastest car for the money? No. If you want a fast car for about $30k go buy a V6 Genesis coupe.

if sct would post up a 1/4 time then do some breathe easier work on it and some sticky tires and post up a 1/4 mile time, then change out the turbo and post up a 1/4 mile time that would be great. im sure this car could get into the 13s with the right turbo tune and the right breathe easier work but yeah the clutch most likely wont hold up and will need upgrading, does anyone even make a clutch for it yet?