Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Snorkel Delete
Thread: Snorkel Delete
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #72
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,672, Level 95
Points: 24,672, Level: 95 Points: 24,672, Level: 95 Points: 24,672, Level: 95
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I got a new toy for $15 to get some readings on my phone.

Haven't got the AFR to work yet, maybe I need the full version? Anyways it will be interesting to see what the intake vs ambient temperatures look like when I'm actually driving (not idling in garage).

I also discovered that the little pull off panel for the OBD2 sensor on my car is broken (torn off at the bottom flap). Not sure why it is the first time I have ever accessed it :( Might be kinda better off though if I want to drive around with OBD2 Bluetooth device plugged in.

I haven't cut the flap yet, only removed the snorkel and I'm still using the stock air filter. Not sure I want to put on an intake in my nice quiet commuter car, but maybe an AEM dropin.
That app looks really cool and suddenly makes me want to get it. Does it data log?

The good thing about this mod, when coupled with an aftermarket drop-in, is that you get a good percentage of the performance gain that any of the aftermarket intakes are getting without the noise. If you keep the resonator attached to the box then your intake should be very close to stock quiet.

I tested a Typhoon intake on my car and I was not fond of the amount of noise it made (my personal opinion only). I deleted my resonator and blocked the opening, and that was the perfect sound for me. Coupled with this mod, a K&N drop-in, and 91 V-Power, I see mid 32 mpg's on my commute (Ti with handling package 18's).

For comparison, my mpg's with Newmission installed was approx 28-29, and my SEL (all OEM w/17's) never saw above 29 in the same commute driving.

Sent from my stupid phone.
2014 FiST-