Hodge Podge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96120
What I Drive: 2012 5-Dr Se Sport Pkg Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hodge Podge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
Does Ford belive the market is to small in North America, or are "you Americans" so used to oversized vehicles, that you will not consider it as an alternative?
Wagons would be more than adequate for a lot of folks here, and I personally like the looks.

During the SUV craze, people wanted nothing but bigger. Over the last few years though, many have downsized for fuel economy etc. If the trend continues, the wagons may make a big comeback here.

On the oversized thought though, some of us still need the "oversize" capability.

My 2012 focus has a usable weight of around 840lbs. Add 4 adults at 180lbs each and you have 120lbs before you max out the car, so one had better pack light. Oddly, Focus' aren't rated to pull trailers over here.

So while the focus is the daily ride, I still need my full (oversized) truck for hauling two people, two ATV's and a long weekend's worth of camping gear. Having a bench seat (sadly it's a split, not a true) and being able to run over the occasional curb and just about anything else are nice perks too.

2012 Se Ingot Silver 5-Door w/ 201A & Se Sport Package
2001 Silverado 1500 RCLB 4x4 4.8L 5-Speed