Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Podge View Post
Maybe it is a convenient side effect of the BOA function or some other feature, but it sure acts like a typical launch control system.
Actually, it is not launch control, BOA, or in fact any kind of unusual side effect.

As I tried (rather unsuccessfully) to point out in a previous post, the accel, clutches, and brakes are simply operating normally.

1) With your foot firmly on the brake pedal, the brakes are applied and the clutches are disengaged. (this is NORMAL operation)

2) When you release your foot from the brake pedal and *any* gear is selected, the car will start to move as one of the clutches engage. (this is NORMAL operation)

So far, we have established that the brakes and clutches are operating as they would in normal everyday driving.
...but what about the throttle?

3) When you press the accel pedal to the floor and no load is applied to the engine, the electronic throttle will limit the RPMs to ~3500 (I'm not certain if the RPM depends on engine type or PCM calibration). It *does not matter* if the transmission is in P, R, N, D, S, or L. (this is NORMAL operation)