Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #61
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Coming from an engineer, I love talking to customers and repair technicians on issues - and they love it too. But marketing says we "lack social skills" or something. Plus, we usually tell them too much. Then word gets out (for example) that "every clutch on every 2012 Focus is bad" and it ends up costing the company too much money. That's why they keep us locked in the basement.

Note: That was just an example - I don't work for Ford. I am, however an engineer stuck working in a basement with desks/cubicle walls from 1970 while the people upstairs are on like... their 4th remodel since 2000.
I understand that lol I've been with companies like that. The software company I'm with now is the exact opposite -- I'm in QA and pretty much as soon as Tech Support realizes they can't answer the question they come to us or development. It's fantastic. It makes the customers *much* more happy and keeps me busy!

And definitely check out "The IT Crowd". One of the most funny shows on television (it's on Netflix).