Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MFT keeps re-indexing USB music collection
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Mooch
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102493
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL 4dr 303A pkg

FF Reputation: 1 Mooch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MFT keeps re-indexing USB music collection

I really want to remain a ford guy and I love everything about the Focus EXCEPT the horribly buggy sync / MFT system. I Have a 64 GB PNY USB memory stick which has most of my music collection. About 12,000 songs and 63 GB. Every time I select it it says, "indexing USB device". It takes about 3 hours for it to finish. Sometimes when it finishes it is good for a few days, other times it starts indexing from scratch as soon as it completes! I know there have been threads and this issue has been discussed before, but I have yet to come across a solution.

I know some of you are going to say that maybe my drive isn't supported, but I have tried a sandisk 128 GB and had the same problem! One of the main reasons I was looking forward to this MFT system is to have most of my music collection at my fingertips and never mess with cd's again (except to rip them). Yes, all my music is organized in one folder, and I have played with turning gracenote management on and off, and cover art priority between gracenote and files. I have performed a master reset multiple times. I am on version 3.0.2

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.