Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st12131 View Post
Here is how I mounted mine,
Front, I used 2 of the existing bolts along with 4 new screws into the edge of the liner.

(hard to see but they are there)

For the rear I had to make a new inner mount, I tied into the factory bumper brace at the frame.

I used a piece of 1/2" electrical conduit that came prebent as a 90* bend. I smashed one end flat and drilled a hole through it to mount behind the factory mount.

Then I drilled a few small holes in the edge of the bumper and used fender clips (the ones with threads in it) and clamped them to the bumper, then just attached the flaps to the new clips.

Spanks Bob, I ordered mine a few days ago and was wondering about the best way to mount them. Looks like I am going to go with your method in the back. Besides painting the conduit pipe they will be identical. I think the RA will come in handy this winter.... For some reason I think we are going to get blasted with snow and Isht weather

Can you mount/dis-mount them quickly? I am planning on using them in the winter only so not looking for anything permanent. I will keep the screws in the holes when they are not on to avoid oxidation. What kind of bolts (or screws) did you use for them? Probably just going to go with a self-tapping stainless steel myself but was curious about what you used.

Thanks!