Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
That's correct. I had the symptoms and it was only one day that I was tinkering under the hood with removal of the Snorkel (Intake mod) that I dropped a tool. I got under the car and removed that felt panel that covers the bottom of the engine compartment (not really removing it, just enough screws to reach in and retrieve the tool I dropped). Thats when I spotted the big ole bead of Oil/FLuid dripping.
See I've taken that shield off 4-5 times already (oil changes, usually) and never really looked. I've looked for oil leaks after changing it and gave a quick inspection, but haven't really seen any leaks. I've seen a bit of staining, but I naturally assumed it was just road dirt and road wash that had dripped down the housing. I'll have to check it out a bit more often. When you saw actual liquid down there was it shortly after a drive? Does it "leak" more often while driving it/after driving it?