Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
hotleadsingerguy, you're a genius! Inconclusive for now (I have a long commute home later today to gather more "data"), but, I went out mid day for errands, and tried this (I have the shudder issue as well), and , it worked! Not a single shudder, stumble or hesitation at all. Very smooth starts from a standstill, and the shifts seemed "crisper" for sure. Just before I re parked the car for the day, I turned the TCS back on just to test this, and my last standing start into the parking lot produced the shudder right away...hmmmm, I think we may be onto something. I have the car booked in tomorrow for an oil change and they are looking into my DCT issues (may have a leaking seal inside the bell housing). I will mention this finding to them to see what they think.
What I find surprising (I guess maybe I shouldn't though), is how come none of the service guys or Ford engineers even once thought about this, since we all know that the latest TSB/FSA update changed the way the TCS/ABS system behaves ---- none of these field engineers looked into a possible connection? really??
Like you hotleadsingerguy, my shudder issues didn't start until after I had the last update applied (not by choice, the dealer did it anway)... it drove fine prior to that.
Same here...it wasn't by choice. My car operated exactly as I liked it when I bought it, which is why I spent $30k on it. I wouldn't have purchased a car I wasn't satisfied. Then, a year later, Ford forces me to get an update that screws up the operation of the vehicle and makes it perform like a completely different car...in the worst way possible. They even threaten to cancel your warranty on powertrain issues if you don't get the update. That would be fine if the update were tested by more than 2 people that apparently don't understand cars and how they should operate.

Either way...the more people that can test this the more results we'll have to list for Ford. The fact that not a single engineer has found a correlation between the TCS update and the shudder would be mind-blowing if we hadn't already been struggling with the ineptitude of the MyFord Touch team. Now it just seems par for the course in the feigned "New" Ford Motor Company.