Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
Could it be that with the wheel+tire combo you have, your call falls outside the diameter of wheel that the TC is expecting? My understanding is that the car expects a certain number of revolutions at a given speed, and if its not getting that number, the TC will start doing things.

I had a similar problem with my bimmer's traction control bc i had wheel+tires that were a bit too big (speedometer was off too).

It's just a thought.

Edit: Also the most recent flash for the DCT was also for the ABS/traction control. So maybe there is something at issue there.
Good point that the latest flash affected ABS, I forgot about that. I'll have to try this, but I doubt it'll solve my issue.

Also, I don't think the wheel size has much to do with TC/ABS as long as all of the wheels are the same size since it's checking for tires slipping and not revolutions vs true speed.

I could see lighter/heavier wheels causing issues if it's outside of the car's expected loads / parameters... that said, I think we're experiencing a leaking clutch seal (internal, most likely, since I have no fluids outside my bell housing as of yet).