Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Performance and Practicality in mid/upper $20k?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT & 2007 Red ST

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well I have the new st and have been driving a focus’s for 10years now. The st is the best one yet by far. I get a new car about every 5 years typically I put 20 to 25K a year on a car, so I drive a good bit. Mileage is important to me being I do drive so much, my original though for a car was a TDI wagon can’t really beat the MPG it gets and over all it can be equipped very similar to the st. However I’m also a driving enthusiast, I have been driving on track for 8 years and instructing students for 3 so I do enjoy a good handling car, and this had made me consider a BRZ. A BRZ would have to be a toy it’s just not practical it’s hard to fit the kids in I can’t fit my dog in it either.

So why is the st the car I chose it does many things well, I can fit 2 kids in the back and my very large dog 120+ lbs in the hatch. I can get 32mpg or if it want to I can drive it fast and get 12mpg. The seats and ride are very sporty but not punishing like my race car. I like all the convinces it has auto headlight’s the navigation system, hands free phone, and all the little touches ford has but into the car. By far the st is the nicest car I have .

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.