Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM  
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
2. Rearview mirror adjustment is terrible - can't see out the whole rear window unless it's to look at the road. Needs a longer stalk or more rotation in the mirror's swivel ball/socket.
Try switching the dimmer switch on the rearview mirror (opposite the direction it's in now) and re-adjust the mirror. This could give you more range of motion in the direction you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
4. Idle is a little rough occasionally, like if the idle was set 50-100RPM too low. (remember, manual trans)
This is normal, and there's been a lot of discussion about it already. When you're sitting idle at a stop, the car will go to "low" idle at approximately 650 rpm to save fuel. This is where it can get rough--especially if you have the A/C on. As you prepare to take off in 1st gear, the car will automatically bump idle up to 900 rpm, and it will smooth out.

I have found that my low idle has smoothed out considerably since the car has broken in (I'm at 9K miles), and I also noticed an improvement when I switched to synthetic oil.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.