Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM  
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
...Here are my issues (nothing too major, but annoying) -

1. Headliner rattles occasionally behind the moonroof. Pushing up on it stops the rattle, so I suspect adhesive wearing out.
2. Rearview mirror adjustment is terrible - can't see out the whole rear window unless it's to look at the road. Needs a longer stalk or more rotation in the mirror's swivel ball/socket.
3. Car has a weird new car/cleaning solution smell to it. Wondering if it's off-gassing plastics, the dealer used some super strong cleaning solution, or a combination of the two. It hasn't faded yet even after 300+ miles of driving with the windows down. If I leave the windows up all day at work or at night, the smell gags/chokes me when I open the door.
4. Idle is a little rough occasionally, like if the idle was set 50-100RPM too low. (remember, manual trans)
5. Radio LCD doesn't dim along with instrument cluster lights.
6. Headlights are aimed a little too far left for me, but no horizontal adjustment is available according to the owner's manual....
Hi pablo94sc!

First of all, congrats on the new Focus! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Onto your concerns: make an appointment at your dealership so they can take a look. Additionally, I'd like to escalate your case to your regional Customer Service Manager so they can ensure everything is resolved. Send me a PM with your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll handle the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
1. Headliner rattles occasionally behind the moonroof. Pushing up on it stops the rattle, so I suspect adhesive wearing out.

Common: take to dealer for fix.

2. Rearview mirror adjustment is terrible - can't see out the whole rear window unless it's to look at the road. Needs a longer stalk or more rotation in the mirror's swivel ball/socket.

Never heard of that complaint, although some rear-view mirrors droop down after time and must be readjusted.

3. Car has a weird new car/cleaning solution smell to it. Wondering if it's off-gassing plastics, the dealer used some super strong cleaning solution, or a combination of the two. It hasn't faded yet even after 300+ miles of driving with the windows down. If I leave the windows up all day at work or at night, the smell gags/chokes me when I open the door.

Never heard of that complaint, although I have leather, so my car smelled like leather for a while.

4. Idle is a little rough occasionally, like if the idle was set 50-100RPM too low. (remember, manual trans)

I've seen posts about that, and mine stumbles occasionally. I'm not concerned, but you could search for the other posts.

5. Radio LCD doesn't dim along with instrument cluster lights.

No it doesn't. It's seems bright at first, but you'll get used to it.

6. Headlights are aimed a little too far left for me, but no horizontal adjustment is available according to the owner's manual.

Mine are dead straight, so there must be a way to adjust them.
Thanks for the great info, Rememo!

Have a great day,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford