Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus window tint
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
I have an appointment set up for Tuesday morning to get all the windows and a sun trip tinted on my 2013 Focus. I had 35% tint before on a Jeep Cherokee I had. I know that still isn't very dark. I also know state law will only allow 35% or lighter. My question is, if I went with a 20-25% tint, would there be a big difference that a cop would easily be able to know its too dark. Ideally I want something darker then 35% however don't want it so dark a cop can't see in and know just by looking that it is illegal. Any suggestions as to what percentage I should get done?
The difference between 35% and 20% is pretty big but it's a fairly low risk, depending on where you live.

Here in Ohio the law states 50% for the front 2 windows, and no law on the rest except for only allowed a 7" strip on the windshield. I have 12% all around (including strip on windshield) and I've sat next to cops at many lights, driven by cops, and even had multiple cops say the car looked good with the tint when I was pumping gas or something.

Most of the time the only reason you'd get a ticket for tint on the windows is if you're already pulled over for something more serious. If you get pulled over for going 60 in a 35 they're going to be pissed and probably ticket the windows too. The chances of getting pulled over *just* because of the windows is very slim.