Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer

So I got my '12 Focus SE HB (manual, 203, sport, winter, moonroof) this past Saturday. I have a few issues I noticed and wondered if they were common and if I should even bother taking the car to my local dealer to check out (bought it from a dealer 300 miles away). Car has 20k miles on it, built 2/9/11.

Here are my issues (nothing too major, but annoying) -

1. Headliner rattles occasionally behind the moonroof. Pushing up on it stops the rattle, so I suspect adhesive wearing out.
2. Rearview mirror adjustment is terrible - can't see out the whole rear window unless it's to look at the road. Needs a longer stalk or more rotation in the mirror's swivel ball/socket.
3. Car has a weird new car/cleaning solution smell to it. Wondering if it's off-gassing plastics, the dealer used some super strong cleaning solution, or a combination of the two. It hasn't faded yet even after 300+ miles of driving with the windows down. If I leave the windows up all day at work or at night, the smell gags/chokes me when I open the door.
4. Idle is a little rough occasionally, like if the idle was set 50-100RPM too low. (remember, manual trans)
5. Radio LCD doesn't dim along with instrument cluster lights.
6. Headlights are aimed a little too far left for me, but no horizontal adjustment is available according to the owner's manual.

Other than those off the top of my head, I really enjoy the car and am having a lot of fun learning its limits. Figure a short throw and rear sway bar are in order, but otherwise can't think of anything it needs to make the driving experience better except more seat time (though a change holder would have been nice). LOL

Disclaimer - I searched for a bit for answers to these, but given the length of some of the threads (137 pages of DCT complaints) and the endless trolling (haters)/responses I've sifted through, I gave up and decided to start my own thread. If you don't like it, sorry, but please save us all the time and keep your complaints to yourself.