Szukhent
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97182
What I Drive: 2005 Dark Grey ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 Szukhent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrove998 View Post
There is nothing wrong with not using an intercooler. My Merkur runs 15 psi with no intercooler from the factory.

Its pretty much going to be all custom work to make that turbo work on the car.

Your going to need a custom exhaust manifold with the proper flange for the turbo. If you need a external wastegate, that will also have to be added to the custom manifold. A custom downpipe will need to be built (with proper flange for turbo and/or wastegate connection).

Custom piping from the turbo to the intake manifold. You will need upgraded injectors (Ford's 42lb injectors should work). You'll need a wideband AF gauge (with 02 bung in the downpipe) along with boost gauge. Then of course is the custom tune.

Based on how you drive with the turbo your stock clutch should be okay; upgrade to the Exedy stage 1 if you want which will hold the power with no problem. 6 to 8 psi should be safe with no intercooler.

On 8 psi with an intercooler my 2.3L made 218whp and 216wtq.
Awesome, that sounds perfect! I will be doing searching on this subject, but just looking for direct answers in regard to this project, but where do i need to go for tuning? I mean I keep hearing about this TOM for tuning. Your thoughts (generally speaking)?