Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
rlift
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87930
What I Drive: 2012, White, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rlift Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Titanium door handle locking

The driverís door handle on my 2012 Titanium 4dr would not unlock/lock the door on days when temperature was above 70 or the door handle was in direct sunlight. The dealer could not find anything wrong with the handle, no error codes, contacted Ford and was informed that they need to apply a body control module update per a TSB.

Now I have this situation
Prior to update using the passenger door handle or a working drivers door handle

1. Place thumb over black square on door handle, first time the door locks, you can hear the click if no background noise and see the dashboard light if it is dark out

2. Press the square a second time, the horn honks signaling the alarm is active

This is the same as pressing the key fob lock button once, then the second time to hear the horn beep.

After the update, I can never get the horn honk signaling the alarm is active when using the door handle to lock the car.

I took my car back to the dealer and Ford is telling them that the horn should not beep when using the door handle to lock the car.

Does anyone else have a Titanium that the horn beeps when they lock the car using the door handle or was my car defective from the factory and now fixed? I liked hearing the horn beep so I knew my car was locked