FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
My car just went in for an oil change and spent a full week at the dealer. I'd mentioned a few things like the headliner rattling, and the transmission grinding, but I also mentioned the paint chipping issue.

I talked to my service guy a couple times, he said they took pictures and sent them to ford to get approval, then they were sanding and painting, etc.

When I left the dealership I had paid 45 bucks, the cost of the oil change alone. I was pretty happy, until I got home and took a look at the awesome ford paint job that had apparently taken a week.

It was a little dab of touch up paint, which I couldn't really see because the tail light was so tight to the body. Of course it was easy to see when I pulled on the tail light because it's not secured properly and pulled away from the body way more than it should (a bit more than an inch). I know, I should've looked before I left but I trusted the dealer.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I hasn't cost me any money, and they gave me a loaner. I can only imagine they're squeezing some money from ford acting like a fix took longer than it did? I don't really know. I guess I'll ask them what the hell is wrong with them when I go back to get my tail light attached properly, and maybe adjusted so it doesn't rub on the body.
Hi there,

Feel free to reach out to Ford of Canada and get them involved. They can act as a liaison between you and your dealership and find a resolution. You can reach them at 1-800-565-3673.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford