Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #109
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi forceflow2,

You should be able to visually check your level of windshield washer fluid and determine whether or not it needs to be filled. Check out pages 339 and 340 of your Owner's Manual (5th printing) for specifics on reservoir location and fluid replacement. You can get a copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage

-Crystal
Crystal,

Would you please comment to the information provided on page 30 of the 5th printing of the owners manual?

While I do agree that one should visualy check for washer fluid replacement the owners manual indicates that a maintenence message will be displayed to the driver when the washer fluid level is low.

Many have reported in this thread that they do not receive this message while others have reported that they do receive this message. It also appears that there is alot of confusion around the low washer fluid message.

If you could definitevely let us know if the Focus does or does not have the ability to provide a flow washer fluid message, in accordance with page 30 of the owners manual, it would be greatly appreaciated. Additionally many have stated that after having TSB 12-4-13 applied to their vehicles the low washer fluid message began working. If you would confirm this also that would also be greatly appreciated.

These confirmations would help many understand if their vehicle is functioning as expected or if updates are required.

Thanks
Brian
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT