Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #182
mcdiv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94558
What I Drive: 2012 titanium, kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 mcdiv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My car just went in for an oil change and spent a full week at the dealer. I'd mentioned a few things like the headliner rattling, and the transmission grinding, but I also mentioned the paint chipping issue.

I talked to my service guy a couple times, he said they took pictures and sent them to ford to get approval, then they were sanding and painting, etc.

When I left the dealership I had paid 45 bucks, the cost of the oil change alone. I was pretty happy, until I got home and took a look at the awesome ford paint job that had apparently taken a week.

It was a little dab of touch up paint, which I couldn't really see because the tail light was so tight to the body. Of course it was easy to see when I pulled on the tail light because it's not secured properly and pulled away from the body way more than it should (a bit more than an inch). I know, I should've looked before I left but I trusted the dealer.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I hasn't cost me any money, and they gave me a loaner. I can only imagine they're squeezing some money from ford acting like a fix took longer than it did? I don't really know. I guess I'll ask them what the hell is wrong with them when I go back to get my tail light attached properly, and maybe adjusted so it doesn't rub on the body.