Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus, Quality Job None!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM  
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Sucks, don't it? All of my siblings (4 of them) and my parents drive Fords. I mean... two of my brothers have Mustang tattoos. I feel bad saying I'll never buy a Ford again, but our dealers (or in your case, Ford for denying the claims) make it increasingly easier.
I think I had better cancel the ESP contract now before it starts costing me more money to cancel. I think I might have used it just once or so for the rental car when they failed to address the seat heater issue, but unless Ford will acknowlegde that the dealer is wrong and try to make things right by the customer and fix the issues I've had rather than to deny them as either "normal" or something that I caused.

I certainly did not cause the hood or head lamp to be misaligned in such a way as to grind the paint off of the corner of the hood in less than 5000 miles. The gap is fairly uniform to the bumper as far as the eye can tell, but there was zero gap from day one to the lh head lamp which caused the damage to the bottom (b-side) of the hood, on top of the usual rubbing on the rear tail lamp.

I might lose an argument over that one, but if something did hit that one it would have to have been so slightly as to only damage the lamp it self, that side was tight to the body to begin with and was scraping as well as far as I can recall.

It certainly doesn't feel good to be treated like an idiot, or like I don't know anything about how the car works when I can show them the direct pages from the service manual that call out a specific result. They claim the resistances are in specification, yeah if you take the lowest range for the comfort seat base. No resistance value was given to me for the seat back either. Only the S and SE even used the comfort seat frame, the SE sport, SEL and Ti all used the Sport seat frame and have a different set of resistance values, the lowest of which is higher than that of the number given to me for the seat base.

Why call out temperatures at the mat if you're going to lie and deny they exist in the first place? WTF.

I actually like the transmission, but so far mine's worked well for the most part afaik, but its the way they act and the way they hide behind whatever the dealer tells them will cost them less money that really irks me.

I hope they realize that trading the former loyalty of people who liked the company and its products in the past for the short term profit of the sale of one car is blind and short sighted.

I would have considered either a Fusion, ST, or Mustang at some time in the future, but now I'm not as sure.