Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus, Quality Job None!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM  
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
My original dealer wouldn't fix the seat heaters becasue they claim the computer said they operated normally at 90-100F (nevermind the service document explicitly states 125F at the heater mat). I'm barely measuring 90F after a long time, but that was when it was in the 70s, when its been 39-43 F in the morning the seat heater barely gets into the mid 70s, maybe lower 80s on the drive into work, vs a temperature from the vents of 90-100F when set to 70F on the dz-eatc.

Oh and they don't want to warranty a factory defect between the alignment of the hood and the head lamp because they would rather claim that the rear tail lamp was damaged ergo the car was hit from both sides even though there is no evidence to support a claim of front end damage at all. Escalating things to the customer care manager is a joke, don't bother, all they will do is parrot whatever the dealer said and not fix anything. It kind of ticks me off quite alot. The tail lamp is grinding into the paint as well, but becasue there is a tiny black mark they claim the car was hit from behind. My question is then why is nothing else out of alignment on that side of the car?

I have pictures from delivery showing the issue with the hood and the head lamp, but they have the audacity to make another bold faced lie saying the car was hit on both ends. WTF. Nothing else is misaligned, and the only damage (minus surface scratching perhaps) is underneath the hood right next to the head lamp.

Seriously why bother having a warranty or extended service plan warranty if they will weasel out of every problem with the car by hiding behind "normal operating characteristics"?
Actually I have a problem similar to that, as well. My headliner has had a stain on it since the day I received it. It's the paint above the headliner near the passenger-side A pillar. There's a stain a bit bigger than an inch in diameter that's a light brown color. The dealership I purchased the car from tried to paint-treat it and failed, then told me they were ordering a new headliner. They've told me that for months, until I was at another dealership and they informed me that it was declined by Ford because it said it was a third party issue.

He re-submitted the claim, and it was denied again. Ford literally has the audacity to tell me that it was something that *I* did to cause this. It's a joke. The warranty I paid for is essentially useless because Ford has told me, on *EVERY* issue I've had with the car, that either it is meant to be that way or the problem was caused by something I did. As if I removed the adhesive and put my own on. It's the most ridiculous and infuriating thing I've ever heard.

Suffice to say, this will be the last Ford car I ever own. Despite my grandfather working 42 years for the company, I feel my allegiance has officially been taken advantage of. I'm currently looking at the best way to trade this thing in for a vastly superior car.