Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #503
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk here Jaclyn but people have been taking there cars to the dealership and the dealerships short of replacing the apim module have NOT been able to fix the issue we are having with the update. A lot of us have a hard time taking off work to head to the dealership if they can't fix it.

I think the big question is ... Is ford going to release an update that we can install at home that will fix the climate issue. The dealerships have the exact same 3.2.2 update that was released, so I'm not sure how going there will fix my problem.

I don't mean to take any frustration out on you, but these are the issues we have been dealing with for over a week now with no real answers.
I have to agree with you here. I'm all for taking the car to dealerships for a fix, but only if it really is a fix (I expected some issues with a completely overhauled Focus model). I've only heard of 1 person (so far...) that had success at a dealer.

If I have to take it into a dealer, fine, but I want to KNOW there is a for sure fix before I do.