darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Did some searching on the complains site lifocus posted.

2010 (first year of new model) Mazda 3 - 97
2010 (first year of new model) Honda Civic - 102
2008 (first year of new model) Toyota Corolla - 170
2011 (revised but not new generation) Corolla - 81
2012 (first year of new model) Ford Focus - 177

I will say, it's sad to see the Focus has more than any other listed, but to it's defense, a LOT of those complaints had to do with the DCT, and none of those others employ a DCT/DSG transmission. I'm not trying to justify the fact that it has more complaints, but when I look at a Corolla with 170 and the car is as traditional and barebones as it gets... suddenly my brand new tech-laden Focus seems much better off, if in 3 years our Focus model still has 80+ complaints like Corolla, I'll jump on the bandwagon that Ford needs to get their act together, till then, so far with the exception of MFT they've done right by me.

Guess the point of this post is that yeah, the Focus got some stuff wrong it's first year, Ford is working on it, but people who assume the Focus is so much worse than other first year models can now respectfully shove it, they all have issues.

You just posted about another member calling you names this morning, explain how that ship sailed long ago? I have thick enough skin to handle some heat from keyboard commandos on a forum, I don't need gentle answers.

My point was this, no one treated you any differently than they treated anyone else. We are not Ford, we are not affiliates of Ford (some of us work for Ford but we're not here on their dollar), we only know the information research can find for us, so we told you what we learned ourselves. The do your research part was key in your post, that's what we tell everyone because no one does, they think they're entitled to answers without getting their hands dirty and leave the burden to those who do take the initiative. Glad you posted this here though instead of starting a new post for issues that have been well documented like so many others who don't do their research do.
The other thing about the number of complaints is how big are the sites and how many cars are sold, there are a lot more corollas and foci, so it is not surprising that they have more complaints.