feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Now I am called an Ignorant troll....I think that breaks the website rules of name calling and yes that is a fairly simple concept to grasp but you dont seem to get it....B-lou
I think what he was trying to get at initially is that the response everyone gave you for your issues with your car is the same response we give EVERYONE who had issues with their car. Some people had legitimate, BAD problems that escalated far beyond the basics, but that's the same with any car, you'll see that anywhere. Lemons happen, that's why we have laws pertaining to them.

Some things like MFT cannot be helped by us, that's all up to Ford, so we just have to be patient and hopeful. Some things like the DCT are by their nature going to be different than standard torque converters and initially a lot of members didn't realize that and criticized it without that knowledge. That said, there have been issues, and Ford has for the most part (with a glaring exception to MFT) addressed them with various TSBs and some recalls such as the wiper motor.

So, no one is trying to berate you, insult you, or otherwise make fun of you or your car and it's issues. We're just giving you the same advice/information we give everyone.

Like stated, the 2012 was a brand new car, the only thing it shares with it predecessors is the name (and apparently manual HVAC control knobs), other than that it's brand new and any brand new item, car or otherwise will not be without it's flaws. No amount of in-house testing can compare to real-world customer based feedback.

Hopefully this was a gentle enough answer for you.
Sonic Crew #28