cheekedave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103448
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Silver

FF Reputation: 1 cheekedave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nseah View Post
2012 focus hatchback with the 10 speaker sony system. Anyone notice the door panels rattling when listening to music?

For me, my rear left door panel (behind drivers) starts to rattle when the volume is pushed to close to 1/4 (going to the first big tick mark on the MFT screen). If i sit in the back and push the panel by the rear tweeter the rattling goes away. Again this only happens when music is playing that has some bass to it.

Anyone know a solution to this? ford dealer claims they can't replicate the problem and won't let me show them, but its annoying when your driving. Should I look at removing the door panel?
I have the exact same problem. Same door panel. I was about to yank it out this weekend and possibly throw some dynamat in or something temp. to see if it goes away. None of the other doors seem to rattle for me. I have an appointment at the dealer this weekend and I was going to bring it up to them to see what they say/do. If all else fails, thats when I will yank it open myself. I will let you know how it turns out!