Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
Fringe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95955
What I Drive: 2012 SE 5DR Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Fringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just had a local shop install Memphis 6.5" components in the front doors. PRS6v2 and 6.5" 3-way PRS6V2 in the back. Wasn't really a preference or reason. They only had these and the Alpine SPR-60c's in and I wanted something with a closer match to the little ktp-445u amp's 45x4 rms rating. The Memphis are rated 50w and the Alpines are 110w. A bit overpowered in the sub department with a Kicker Solo Classic 12" in a sealed box powered by a RF Prime 500-1. The system sounds so much better than stock (shocker i know) even with the sub turned off.... I may go with an aftermarket head unit eventually and dash kit. Depends on how well rthese work out:
http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/101

Installed cut the speakers from the stock mounting ring and screwed the new ones into place. Tweeters mounted in stock locations easily. I can actually stand to listen to my stereo now without cringing..... sad considering my last car was a 2006 Fusion with OEM system and i was happy with it 95% of the time.

On a side note.... had the car at the dealer this morning. The headling started rattling a month ago. Broken clips. They ordered a new one.

Cheers all